Sunday, April 18, 2010

Best of Blogs: Third Times a Charm

Blogs, blogs, blogs! I feel like my mind is a swirl of blogs. Trying to find ones that I feel are interesting and noteworthy is not as easy as it may seem. There are so many pointless blogs out there filling up the blogosphere. So I search yet again; clicking next blog more often then not. I get excited and then realize the title is more interesting then the writing underneath. Oh well. By now, I am well versed in blogs. And considering this is the most I have written about blogs, it seems I have found a good spot.

Blog 1: Venture Bound
http://www.venturebound.net/

My great grandmother was 100 percent Cherokee Indian. That fact made this blog extremely interesting. The pictures as well as the words portray vividly the lives and pertinent information about many different types of Native Americans. Since the author of the blog writes for a travel column it gives the blog the necessary background. The author is very educated and editing is apparent in his writing. The amount of information in the blog is not overwhelming. Navigating through the different articles is also easy.

Blog 2: White Trash BBQ
http://whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com/

Even though Florida somehow is not considered part of the south, good ol southern bbq is not something people joke about. People roast hogs for weddings and smoked ribs stands can be found fairly easily. When I saw the title of this blog, I was amused. After looking over the many pages, I wasn’t only amused but also hungry. Pictures showed any type of meat smothered in bbq sauce. Recipes were provided and a long list of meals scrolled across the pages. Links to explore and restaurants that are recommended were on the right side of the page allowing for more mouth watering occurring.

Blog 3: Around the World “L”
http://www.aroundtheworldl.com/

I’m a sucker for anything foreign. I love learning about different places and people. How people’s day to day activities vary depending on location excite me. An Australian friend of mine frequently laments about the lack of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. America gave her that love for the mixture of chocolate and peanut butter. So yet again I am attracted to a blog from foreign countries. This blog covers anything and everything from a funny sign in Barcelona to Day Traveling Packages. It is well written with plenty of pictures, easy to navigate and spontaneous. It comes from an Americans stand point while she travels the world for a year or so. That must be nice…

No comments:

Post a Comment