Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Best of Blogs 2

Yet again I am at a loss for blogs. So I turn to my trusty sidekick the “blogs of note” button at the bottom of my dashboard on BlogSpot. There I can find a plethora of interesting blogs from scrapbooking to news. There is some searching required but it allows for me to stumble upon some unknown blogs. This week I have stumbled upon blogs that express one of my passions. Photography.

Blog 1 http://runningfromcamera.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html
Running from Camera:

This blog is one for those who love photography and foreign countries. The concept is easy. Put the self-shutter on for two seconds and run from the camera. I enjoyed the blog because I am able to see different parts of the world. The photography was also well executed. The layout was easy to follow with the older photos separated into files by month. However, after a few photos I got tired of the running man unless the timing caught him when he was not touching the ground or blurred.

Blog 2 http://inplainview1.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=9
In Plain View

If you like unique ways to takes photos you’ll love this blog. The first photo intrigued me because of it simplicity but also beautiful colors. How many people think to make art out of Sharpies, a card, or colored salt? The photographer has a list under each photo of the camera used, the f-stop, ISO, and mm. On the side of the page she also has a list of cameras she uses for her photography. The photos are well organized and easy to access. She also has a search by word on the left side of the page. The colors of the photos are vivid. I really enjoyed her use of different focuses and points of visual impact.

Blog 3 http://rezamasoudi.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
Reza’s Photo Gallery

The way architecture should be photographed. As a former architecture major I loved this blog. The photos were remarkable. It was extremely interesting to see architecture from different parts of the world portrayed in such an artistic manner. I also enjoyed the nature pictures that were included in the older files. The site was slightly difficult to navigate because the files were at the bottom of every page instead of on the side. The work was still excellent quality even if navigation was difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment